Solar Panel Manufacturers
As solar technology increases in popularity, more and more solar panel manufacturers get into the market. Competition is always healthy, as it drives the prices down. It also drives the technology to a higher level of perfection. In today’s market, there are literally dozens of solar panel manufacturers and solar product manufacturers in various places around the world. With a very small investment you can manufacture your own solar system. The following is a summary of various companies and any particular specialty they may have:
· GreenBrilliance is the leading vertically-integrated photovoltaic company that specializes in Poly-Si/Mono-Si modules.
· SBM Solar is the first manufacturer of a UL approved non-glass, rigid, crystalline silicon PV solar panel. This breakthrough enabled them to manufacturer both residential and commercial roofing, marine, industrial, and transportation related applications.
· Sunovia has partnered with EPIR Technologies in developing advanced infrared material that captures a much broader spectrum of light.
· Advent Solar specializes in developing light-activated power generating products based on a unique patented solvent-based silicon nanomaterial platform.
· Advent Solar specializes on an innovative back-contact cell technology.
· SunPower, based in San Jose, CA designs and manufactures high-performance silicon solar cells and panels. The U.S. Department of Energy has sponsored a Solar Decathlon since 2002. Since 2005, winners of that solar decathlon, have all used SunPower solar panels, deeming them to be the most reliable and efficient on the market.
· DayStar Technologies, Inc. is a pioneer in developing flexible and rigid PV modules, building integrated components and ultra-light weight space PV cells.
· Miasolé has combined a conventional CIGS cell structure with a proven high-volume manufacturing technology, setting a new standard for cost efficiency and reliability for the solar industry.
· Kyocera Solar is the world’s largest vertically-integrated producer and supplier of solar energy products. Their headquarters is in Scottsdale, Arizona and they have sales centers on five continents.
· SunWize specializes in industrial prepackaged systems. Among their specialties includes telecommunications, Weather Instrumentation, Navigational Aids, Security Lighting and Surveillance. They also have outdoor lighting systems for roadways, parking lots and general lighting applications.
· Solaicx is developing and implementing breakthrough-manufacturing technology, offering low cost and high efficiency silicon PV materials.
· TerraSolar, Inc. develops, manufactures and markets solar power products for residential, commercial, and industrial markets. They produce some of the lowest cost solar electric technologies available today while being known for technological innovation.
· BP Solar is a pioneer in multi-crystalline technology. Their Multi-crystalline is best suited for residential and commercial applications for both on-grid and remote applications. These panels feature their advanced silicon nitride multi-crystalline cell technology. Their product has been used to supply solar power to some 400 remote villages in the Philippines.
· Pilkington leads the world in photovoltaic modules for advanced buildings. They also manufacture solar thermal mirrors for power stations in sunny countries and photovoltaic panels that can be used in any climate. Their K Glass offers up to 30% better insulation than ordinary double-glazing.
· Asola produces standard solar modules in outputs from 50W to 250W. They offer customized solutions for applications such as spherical modules for car roofs and sliding sunroof solar modules.
· Conergy is a manufacturer of photovoltaic and thermal systems, including inverters, storage tanks and mounting systems.
· Sunways is a German based company that develops and produces silicon-based high-performance solar cells and solar inverters.
· Q-Cells is a producer of mono and polycrystalline, silicon-based high-efficiency solar cells.
· Aleo Solar offers specialized, tailor-made photovoltaic systems including inverters to entire system assemblies.
· Bosch Solar offers PV products with a consistent focus on quality.
· Solar World is a leading German manufacturer and distributor of photovoltaic cells and modules.
· Solterra is based in Switzerland and produces PV modules, solar cells, photovoltaic systems, thin film coating.
· Solland Solar is based in the Netherlands. They manufacturer solar cells including back-contact solar cells and mini-cells.
· Solaria is located in Spain. They design, manufacture and install photovoltaic panels.
· Photowatt, located in France, manufactures PV wafers, cells and modules. They are a world leader in thin silicon cell technology. They are now a subsidiary of Matrix Solar Technologies.
· Istar Solar is an Italian manufacturer of a wide range of top quality traditional high efficiency photovoltaic modules ranging from 60W to 220W output.
· Solsonica is another Italian manufacturer of solar cells and high-wattage solar modules.
· Ekarat Solar Company of Thailand manufacturers and installs PV cells and modules for both on and off grid solar power systems.
· Silfab is operated out of Italy but is international. They supply PV in a high-purity solar grade poly-silicon to PV solar farms.
· Titan Solar is one of the leading Indian manufacturers and exporter of solar PV modules.
· E-Ton Solar is a Taiwan manufacturer of mono-crystalline solar cells.
· Baoding Tianweiyingli New Energy, out of China, manufacturers integrated solar wafers, solar cells and solar modules.
· Suntech Power is based in China and specializes in the design, development, and manufacturing of photovoltaic modules and systems.
· BioSolar is a U.S. company. It is the first company to introduce a new dimension of cost reduction by replacing petroleum-based plastic solar cells with durable bio-based components.
· Jetion Technology is a China based manufacturer of multi-crystalline and mono-crystalline solar cells and modules.
· SolarFun specializes in research, production and marketing of mono-crystalline and multi-crystalline solar cells, modules and photovoltaic systems.
· LDK Solar Co., Ltd. is a China company that manufacturers multi-crystalline solar wafers, which are the principal raw materials used to produce solar cells. They sell multi-crystalline wafers globally to manufacturers of PV products.
· Neo Solar Power Corporation is a reputable manufacturer of high quality solar cells with a proven track record for efficiency and profitability.
Companies With a Solar Energy Glazing Technology
· XSunX is the U.S. provider of a breakthrough technology to produce solar electric glass. This process allows manufacturers to apply a transparent and photovoltaic glazing to glass and other transparent substrates.
· Romag, a UK company has developed photovoltaic solar panels that enable energy from the sun's rays to be converted into power for heating buildings or providing hot water supplies, while allowing the passage of natural daylight into the building.
· Octillion is a Canadian company that has developed and manufacturers “PowerNanoWindows” which are constructed from nano-silicon photovoltaic solar cells.
Solar Roofing Technologies Companies
· Solar Integrated Technologies is a U.S. based company that does manufacturing and installations of solar electric roofing products for commercial, industrial and military applications worldwide.
· Applied Solar offers building-integrated photovoltaic roofing materials for commercial, industrial, and residential markets. Their products are marketed under the trade name SolarSave®. Their product line includes roofing membranes, roofing tiles, custom architectural PV glass, inverters, combiners, and accessories.
· Lumeta Solar is U.S. based. They integrate solar modules into a variety of flat roofs. Their solar modules actually become a part of the roof, creating a clean look that doesn’t compromise the aesthetics or functionality of the roof system. Their innovative BIPV modules maximize energy efficiency.
· SolarCentury is in the United Kingdom. They are the leading provider of Solar PV solutions in the UK. Their new roof tile has been developed specifically for the UK housing market. Its design has an aesthetic appeal.
· Systaic is German based and provides esthetically-integrated home and car roof technologies.
Solar Water Pump Manufacturers
· Conergy offers a clean and simple alternative to fuel-burning generators and windmills. These pumps require no fuel and require very little maintenance. It’s a solar pump that produces water when it is needed.
· Sunmotor International is Canadian based company manufactures a line of specialty D.C. pumps operated by solar power. These pumps include floating pumps, groundwater pumps, garden pumps, and air pumps. These pumps are used to water livestock, supply water to cities, micro irrigation, drainage, landscaping, and aeration. Sunmotor International offers a turn-key system from engineering design to implementation and technical training.
· Divwatt – Solastar, out of South Africa, offers the most efficient solar water pump ever. Their submersible solar powered water pump system is fully integrated and cost effective. This system requires very little maintenance. It is ideal for installations in inaccessible and remote areas. Divwatt-Solastar offers custom designed units as well.
Other Solar Energy Products Manufacturers
· Solar Technology is based in the U.S. and provides powered message signs, arrow boards, and traffic signals.
· Silicon Solar supplies solar products on a wholesale level. Among their products are solar lights, solar fountains, and solar panel kits.
· Stirling Energy Systems specializes in the generation of electricity through the use of solar heat.
· Pecan Solar is an Australian company that manufacturers solar street lights and slow combustion wood heaters.
· Renusol, located in the Netherlands manufacturers PV mounting systems.
· Energie Solaire is based in Switzerland. They produce stainless steel solar roofing material that turns a roof into an efficient solar collector for hot water. This hot water is then used for space heating or swimming pool heating.
· Zhangjiagang Fortunes Solar Technology Co is a China company that specializes in manufacturing and exporting solar panels, solar garden lights, solar waterproof lights, solar streetlights, solar power systems, solar electric fans, and solar cooling caps.
Solar Industry Publications
· Solar Industry is a U.S. monthly trade magazine. This magazine is dedicated to the solar industry, covering both solar photovoltaic and solar thermal technologies. It focuses on all applications of these solar technologies from handheld gadgets to utility-scale solar power plants.
· Solar Today is a U.S. based magazine company that provides a bi-monthly publication that covers all solar technologies.
As you can see, there are a lot of solar panel manufacturers as well as other related solar technology products. The list provided here is in no way an all-inclusive list. When you are looking to purchase a solar powered system, it is a good idea to check out the manufacturer of the panels, inverters, and other major components of your system. Hopefully this summary has been helpful.